Solutions: Panel Fastening
Perfect for a wide range of panel thicknesses!
KTO is a standardization process aimed at reducing the amount of part numbers. The DaimlerChrysler Fastener Engineering team created a KTO U-Nut family that consists of six part numbers to replace over 30 existing part numbers. In addition to part number reduction, the KTO U-Nut family offers performance improvements over existing products.
KTO U-Nut Benefits:
- Fits a large range of panel thickness (.5mm – 4.0mm)
- Ergonomically friendly installation
- The threaded barrel always stays perpendicular to panel
- Property Class 8 Threaded Barrels
- Available with or without prevailing torque
- Supplied in PS5873L finish, which is suitable for interior and exterior automotive environments (other finishes available on request).
- Minimizes scratches on painted panels
- Minimizes distortion to plastic panels
- Minimizes the gap required between mating panels