EFC is excited to announce a new product addition and premier supplier with the addition of ITW Formex® Flame Retardant Materials.
ITW Formex® polypropylene and polycarbonate flame retardant electrical insulating materials provide superior electric surge shielding in automotive, industrial and consumer electronic equipment.
EFC provides Formex™ materials as sheets or rolls and can be fabricated into a wide range of shapes to meet the flammability and dielectric needs of your application.
Product Advantages And Benefits:
- Meets global safety standards
- Ultra-low moisture absorption
- Maintains mechanical/electrical properties
- Shields electricity from electric surge
- Parts will not crack or split
- Lower overall part cost with thinner materials
- Dissipates static electrical charge to a ground
- Parts can be easily designed to incorporate a number of joining and fastening methods, often eliminating external fasteners
No other flame retardant, electrical insulating material can match the flexibility and performance of Formex for cost-effective fabricated parts. Formex has successfully replaced a variety of electrical papers, thermoplastic materials, and injected molded parts.
Formex materials provide new and unique options for the design and construction of low-cost internal mechanical components. Fabricated internal parts, such as air flow baffles and wire harness organizers, are commonly used a s cost-effective replacements for plastic injection molded or sheet metal components.
- Electrical Vehicles (EV)
- Solar Energy/Solar Power Inverting (PV)
- Non EV Automotive
- Cloud Data Centers
- Industrial Controls
- LED Lighting
- Electrical power Distribution
- Consumer Electronics
- Major Appliances
- Medical Electronics
- Information Technology
Click here to download the solutions flyer.
Contact EFC for samples or questions!